We are available on various platforms.
I. The Basics
- The difference between virtual machines and containers.
- Container properties
- The basic definitions -
Container, per se.
- Understanding container lifecycle. Buildtime, runtime.
- The description of the problems solved by containers.
II. The Buildtime
- What are image layers? How do they work?
- Dockerfile - the image recipe
- Dockerfile commands and their responsibilities
III. The Runtime
- What does it mean that containers tend to disappaer?
- What is container ephemerallity.
- Understading isolation layers in containers.
- Application configuration and secret management.
IV. Container Networking
- Understading the most important Docker drivers: none, bridge, host and overlay.
V. Compose - Combine services
- Application ecosystem overview.
- How to combine services with Docker Compose?
- Dependency hell - what is that, and how to avoid it?
VI. The Host security
- The host takeover by misconfigurations.
A sample set of laboratories
- How to install Docker daemon on Ubuntu?
- How to name a container?
- How to stop and start containers?
- How to pause containers? What are paused containers?
- How to build an image?
- How to isolate a container in a network?
- How to expose host port and forward it to the container?
- How to use host networking?
- How to pull and push an image to registry?
- How to achieve statefulness in the container?
- How to smoothly upgrade a MySQL database with its state?
- How to retrieve image history?
- How to save an image to the `tar` archive?
- How to inspect an image?
- How to tag an image?
We deliver high-quality trusted knowledge gained by field experience, gained through years of building systems based on Kubernetes and containers. We solved a lot of problems and pitfalls we want you to avoid, while building and designing your application based on container. This is way more than just one another online-course with tutorial on technology.
"Professionalism, partnership and high-quality. We can surely say, Sysdogs is one of the most experienced companies in Poland, when speaking about security, contenerization and Kubernetes. They are deeply integrated in development process, understand the business needs and really automate all the things. Anything in DevOps and DevSecOps areas - only sysdogs!"
- Maciej Gastol
Chief Executive Officer, Going. Sp. z o.o.
"sysdogs is not just an another software company which claims to do DevOps. They are a team of enthusiasts with many years of experience in the field of System Administration, Infrastructure, Network and Security that loves what they do. They are real professionals, act as a real partner who is ready to advise and is not afraid of pointing your mistakes. If you have any needs in DevOps area - they should be your first choice!"
- Karol Wiszowaty
Chief Operating Officer, Inspeerity
"At every moment of our cooperation, our wishes and expectations were met and exceeded by the Sysdogs team. Thanks to their knowledge in the creation of our new cloud infrastructure, we have created a foundation for scalable and secure network applications. A pro-customer approach at every stage of implementation makes cooperation with Sysdogs a real pleasure."
- Tymoteusz Wisniowski
Manager, ROLV Group Sp. z o.o.
"Sysdogs has reduced the delivery time of the applications and has delivered high-quality infrastructures. The team creates solutions that are tailored for the business needs and requirements. Overall, their vast experience in DevOps ensures a successful ongoing partnership."
- Maciej Kurek
Chief Technology Officer, Library X
"Thanks to Sysdogs engagement, the production environment can expect to process four petabytes of data growing by 200-500 GB a day with consistency and productivity. The team has established multiple communication tools to provide progress updates. Their optimal solutions are impressive."
- Maciej Lach
Chief Technology Officer, big xyt
How to contact you?
What should I know to get the most value from the training?
Is this course suitable for beginners?
What are the hardware and software requirements for participation?
Will I get the certificate of participation?
When does the course start and finish?
Do not miss the opportunity!
Take a seat in this virtual classroom.
Stay up to date with our newsletter!Get a huge dose of free knowledge, interesting case studies, premium exclusive content, useful documents for download! First-hand info about new products, promotions, training, and much, much more.