Dedicated for beginners, the best way to get not only acquainted, but also comfortable, with Docker - the most popular modern container solution on the market. Attendees will learn the fundamental theory, definitions, which problems does it solve and which doesn't, how and when to apply Docker in their work. Hands-on approach is the key here - each course chapter provides precisely tailored practice laboratories, which will allow the participants to personally put their newly acquired knowledge to test, gather precious experience, properly understand and further solidify their new skills.
Learn in your pace, when and where you want
Achievable price, jump-start your career
Compact form, easy to understand and learn
Practice labs, hands-on approach
Type of training
- Deeply-technical training
- Hours of technical materials
- Step-by-step course
Who should attend
- DBAs, Network Engineers
- DevOps, DevSecOps
- Developers, Programmers
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Basics of any shell scripting
- The difference between virtual machines and containers.
- Container properties
- The basic definitions -
Container, per se.
- Understanding container lifecycle. Buildtime, runtime.
- The description of the problems solved by containers.
- What are image layers? How do they work?
- Dockerfile - the image recipe
- Dockerfile commands and their responsibilities
- What does it mean that containers tend to disappaer?
- What is container ephemerallity.
- Understading isolation layers in containers.
- Application configuration and secret management.
- Understading the most important Docker drivers: none, bridge, host and overlay.
- Application ecosystem overview.
- How to combine services with Docker Compose?
- Dependency hell - what is that, and how to avoid it?
- The host takeover by misconfigurations.
A sample set of laboratories
- How to install Docker daemon on Ubuntu?
- How to name a container?
- How to stop and start containers?
- How to pause containers? What are paused containers?
- How to build an image?
- How to isolate a container in a network?
- How to expose host port and forward it to the container?
- How to use host networking?
- How to pull and push an image to registry?
- How to achieve statefulness in the container?
- How to smoothly upgrade a MySQL database with its state?
- How to retrieve image history?
- How to save an image to the `tar` archive?
- How to inspect an image?
- How to tag an image?
We deliver high-quality trusted knowledge gained by field experience, gained through years of building systems based on Kubernetes and containers. We solved a lot of problems and pitfalls we want you to avoid, while building and designing your application based on container. This is way more than just one another online-course with tutorial on technology.
How to contact you?
What should I know to get the most value from the training?
Is this course suitable for beginners?
What are the hardware and software requirements for participation?
Will I get the certificate of participation?
When does the course start and finish?
Do not miss the opportunity!
Take a seat in this virtual class-room.Join now FOR FREE!