Dedicated for beginners, the best way to get not only acquainted, but also comfortable, with Docker - the most popular modern container solution on the market. Attendees will learn the fundamental theory, definitions, which problems does it solve and which doesn't, how and when to apply Docker in their work. Hands-on approach is the key here - each course chapter provides precisely tailored practice laboratories, which will allow the participants to personally put their newly acquired knowledge to test, gather precious experience, properly understand and further solidify their new skills.
- The difference between virtual machines and containers.
- Container properties
- The basic definitions -
Container, per se.
- Understanding container lifecycle. Buildtime, runtime.
- The description of the problems solved by containers.
- What are image layers? How do they work?
- Dockerfile - the image recipe
- Dockerfile commands and their responsibilities
- What does it mean that containers tend to disappaer?
- What is container ephemerallity.
- Understading isolation layers in containers.
- Application configuration and secret management.
- Understading the most important Docker drivers: none, bridge, host and overlay.
- Application ecosystem overview.
- How to combine services with Docker Compose?
- Dependency hell - what is that, and how to avoid it?
- The host takeover by misconfigurations.
We deliver high-quality trusted knowledge gained by field experience, gained through years of building systems based on Kubernetes and containers. We solved a lot of problems and pitfalls we want you to avoid, while building and designing your application based on container. This is way more than just one another online-course with tutorial on technology.
"Docker is currently one of the most basic tools you might need when collaborating on any application you develop. Many beginners want to reap the benefits of containers - but cannot afford to learn how to do it properly. Our package has the best of both worlds - price that you just couldn't resist and a large dose of theoretical knowledge paired with experience provided by practical laboratories.. Everything you might need to start your journey."
- Kamil Zabielski
Chief Executive Officer